FREE DELIVERY FOR ORDERS OVER R450.00 IN SOUTH AFRICA. DELIVERY WITHIN THREE WEEKS. INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING AVAILABLE!
EMAIL TO ORDER OUT OF STOCK ITEMS OR ITEMS NOT FOUND ON OUR WEBSITE!
PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM BUCKET FOR CONFIRMATION EMAILS.
Publication Date: February 2019
Everything you need to obtain top marks.
Afrikaans+ is a learner-friendly guidebook which caters for additional language learners who want to achieve better marks in Afrikaans. This practical guide contains explanations in English and is filled to the brim with examples. It explains tests and exams used for both the DBE and IEB and was written by a panel of educational experts who understand the needs of additional language learners.
This book is completely up to date. The Afrikaanse Woordelys en Spelreëls (AWS) has just been re-issued, blindsiding many a teacher with the changes in Afrikaans grammar rules. While the AWS is seen as the touchstone for Afrikaans language practitioners, it could be a daunting book to use in the classroom. Afrikaans+ was written with the most recent changes to the AWS in mind, and presents these grammar rules in a clear, practical manner.
Every chapter in the book also offers free online support – exercises, answers and examples – which will be kept up to date by the panel.
The book contains six sections:
1. Comprehension – Begrip: This explains how you should approach a comprehension test, how to look for the answers, and provides tips on how to understand the questions. It also explains how to make summaries. Visual texts, such as cartoons, graphs and maps, are also explained.
2. Grammar – Taal: This is a step-by-step guide to understanding the “how” and the “why” of Afrikaans grammar. You will be guided with English explanations and Afrikaans examples on things like word order, tenses, adjectives, adverbs, time, numbers, plural and diminutive forms, the negative, active and passive voice, pronouns, participles and abbreviations. There 2
are sections offering basic knowledge to help the struggling learner through the exam. But there are also more advanced sections for the learner who wants to get an A and for the teacher who wants to become familiar with all the changes in the AWS.
3. Literature – Letterkunde: Everything you need to know about prose, drama, short stories and poetry. What is the difference between a metaphor and a simile? Who is the protagonist and who the antagonist? We use simple explanations and good examples of all these and other literature terms.
4. Oral – Mondeling: The book contains practical pointers on how to prepare for different kinds of oral, such as interviews, prepared speeches, introducing and thanking a speaker, roleplay, how to make a vlog and how to discuss the booklist you have to read for grade 12. Examples of all these are given, and more are provided online.
5. Vocabulary – Woordeskat: You will always need vocabulary for essays and orals. With the most recent vocabulary on food, technology, life after school, sport and lots more, you will be well prepared.
6. Written work – Skryfwerk: This section starts with a step-by-step approach to writing: how to choose a topic, how to do your planning, what not to use in an essay and how to end your story. The examples of all the different types of written work (essays, long and short transactional writing) and tips on each, will help you to master each one. Online you will be able to read through more examples.
Standard delivery terms apply.